Serving Southern California
Dr. Shaffer runs social skills groups for all ages including high school students. The following topics are addressed:
- Play skills such as joining in, sustaining play by sharing ideas, being open to others' ideas, sharing, taking turns.
- Playing by the rules, compromising, ways of handling teasing and bullying.
- Social media and Internet safety
- Forming a social identify and 'reading the room' (social cues)
- Regulating strong emotion in a social context
- Social communication skills
Dr. Shaffer's groups are ongoing, but operate on a 12-week curriculum. For children ages 3-5, groups are typically 3-5 children. In pre-K/K groups the group size can be up to nine children. Key Skills groups for elementary and high school students are typically no larger than 5 children.
For more information about Dr. Shaffer's social skills groups please Contact Us.